Rules of conduct for artsitters
Artsitters who provide their services via our agency shall be fully aware of the Rules of Conduct (“the Rules”), as listed in the below articles and commit themselves to act accordingly.
The Rules contain elements that the Artsitter must adhere to in order to ensure a reliable, safe and above all, enjoyable environment for the Artsitter, the User and in particular, the child(ren).
1. Should the Artsitter fail to comply with any of the Rules, Art-Sitters shall contact the Artsitter to discuss any wrongdoing. If there appears to be any serious breach of the Rules, Art-Sitters will terminate all contact and collaboration with the Artsitter. Any form of (sexual) intimidation and/or violence will immediately be reported to the authorities.
2. Artsitters are personally fully responsible and liable for damages and the resulting costs thereof subsequent from the provision of their services, or from a wrongful act or otherwise, to the extent permitted by mandatory law. Artsitters are themselves responsible for taking out (civil) liability insurance and any other insurance the Artsitter may require.
3. Artsitters are themselves responsible for the declaration of income tax and any payment of (social) contributions.
4. Reachability and Availability
The Artsitter is required to accurately share his/her availability when asked to do so. In the event of any change in availability and/or a confirmed childcare booking, the Artsitter is then required to adjust said changes as soon as possible. The Artsitter is free to determine and offer his/her available hours. The Artsitter is required to be available to be contacted at all times, including during evenings and weekends.
During a booking, the Artsitter is required to be easily contacted by the User and Art-Sitters at all times.
The Artsitter is aware of the fact that last-minute bookings are an occurrence and can be reached and are available for this purpose.
The Artsitter can cancel a booking only if he/she has a justified and necessary reason to do so, such as illness, cold sores (with a planned babysitting service for children under 4 years of age) or serious family circumstances. Cancellation must be made 24 hours before the start of a booking. The Artsitter is required to call Art-Sitters at 0633336112 AND the User.
In the event of more than two cancellations within a period of 6 months of an accepted booking, Art-Sitters will at that time reconsider its collaboration with the Artsitter in greater detail.
The Artsitter is to take into consideration the norms, values, and customs of the environment he/she is working in. The Artsitter is required to have a representative appearance.
The Artsitter ensures that he/she starts a booking healthy, well-rested and clear of mind.
6.1 The Artsitter shall remain polite in his/her communication with the Users at all times. If there are any issues or concerns with the User in question, the Artsitter shall discuss these with Art-Sitters.
6.2 The Artsitter is forbidden to smoke during booking and ensures that there is no trace of smoke on him/her at the start of the booking.
6.3 The Artsitter will ensure that he/she is not under the influence of and is not using any form of alcohol and/or drugs at the start of or during booking.
1. The Artsitter shall remain with the child(ren) at all times.
2. The Artsitter shall call the User and/or emergency number specified by the User.
3. The Artsitter shall remain on location until his/her services are deemed no longer necessary.
4. The Artsitter shall contact Art-Sitters within 4 hours regarding the situation that has taken place.
The (sitting) service
Commencement of service
1. The Artsitter shall ensure that he/she arrives at the User's premises on time. In the event that the Artsitter should arrive later than expected, he/she shall contact the User and Art-Sitters directly and in advance.
2. Before the booking commences, the Artsitter shall inform the User who he/she is and how the service will take place (esp. the teaching part).
3. The Artsitter shall discuss with the User the details of the booking in advance. The Artsitter is required to be informed on the needs, habits (sleeping rituals, bedtime, etc.), standards and values of the child(ren). The Artsitter shall also discuss with the User which activities he/she is planning with the child(ren) and ensure that the materials and supplies will be present.
Should there be any need for clarity, Art-Sitters can, of course, be contacted for any questions and concerns.
1. As an Artsitter you deliver top quality service. That is the reason why we want to work with you. As an Artsitter, you possess self-control in stressful situations. You shall not scream, use force or non-verbal and/or verbal violence. Any behavior in terms of violence is strictly prohibited.
2. The Artsitter shall refrain from any and all forms of sexual behaviour towards the child(ren) and/or the User! Should the Artsitter believe that they are a victim of sexual behaviour or if he/she suspects such behaviour, he/she shall contact Art-Sitters directly.
3. The Artsitter shall be able to make and/or receive necessary calls at any time. He/she will ensure that a charged telephone with sufficient call credit is available.
4. The Artsitter is expected to pay attention to the child(ren) and not to their mobile phone. Private conversations, snapchat, Whatsapp, messenger etc. should be kept to a minimum.
5. The Artsitter shall strive to remain in close vicinity to the child(ren) at all times and is alert to dangers. The Artsitter is responsible for the safety of the child(ren)!
6. The Artsitter is required to maintain excellent hygiene during his/her service. This is important for both the child(ren) and for the environment in which the child(ren) reside(s). The Artsitter shall keep their surroundings clean and tidy.
7. The Artsitter shall consult the User if he/she suspects that a child is ill or injured.
8. In the event of prolonged crying, the Artsitter shall contact the User for consultation.
9. The Artsitter shall not invite another person to the booking premises during his/her service unless consulted and approved by the User and Art- Sitters.
10. The Artsitter shall not open the doors to strangers.
11. As soon as the User has returned to the premises, the Artsitter shall discuss the course of the booking with the User and inform on any significant occurrences.
12. In the event of a negative experience with a particular User, the Artsitter shall contact Art-Sitters within 24 hours of the end of the booking.
13. In case of extreme urgency, the Artsitter shall call the emergency services on the national alarm number 112.
Examples of hazards
*Small and/or sharp objects or toy parts which are detachable with children under the age of 4 years old.
*Large pieces of fruit, cherry tomatoes, grapesetc. (always cut into smaller pieces!)
*Hot saucepans/induction plates, boiling water, teapots, kettles, cups, hot milk/bottles, sunburn (sunscreen/hats/caps)etc.
*Children should never be left unattended in the vicinity of water - bath, pool, pond, lake, seaetc.
*Stairs, high climbing structures, changing tablesetc.
*Hazardous substances such as detergents, cleaning supplies, paint, clay, etc.
Art-Sitters highly values the privacy of their Users. The Artsitter is aware of the consequences of sharing privacy-sensitive information and shall not share photos of or information about the child(ren) and/or the child(ren)'s environment with third parties or Social Media without the consent of the User and Art-Sitters.
1. The Artsitter shall respect the privacy of the User, their environment and their child(ren). The Artsitter shall not discuss any personal details with third parties.
2. The Artsitter shall not post or share any information relating to the childcare service, the User, environment and/or child(ren) in any form on Social Media without the consent of the User and Art-Sitters.
Tipping, mediation with other agencies and mutual agreements with Users
1. As an Artsitter, you may accept gratuities or other expressions of appreciation from the User after the payments have been settled through Art-Sitters for the booking and completed service. Art-Sitters does not require to be informed of this.
2. The Artsitter is free to be mediated by other agencies.
3. Mutual bookings (without the intervention of Art-Sitters) with Users, to which the Artsitter is linked via Art-Sitters, are not permitted. Art-Sitters charges a fine of €500 per incident to the Artsitter.